Zigurat of Ur (whose name in sumerian was and-fear-neither-gùr-U.) is Zigurat nailed next to the ruins of the old sumerian city of Ur, in present Iraq . It was risen as place of cult of the God Nannar (moon in sumerian) were constructed in the 21st century a. by the king Ur-Nammu . It was destroyed by the Acadian ones and later commanded to reconstruct by the king Nabucodonosor II of Babylon .
It was surrounded by his own wall of 8 M.s partially was recovered at the end of years 70. × has rectangular plant of 61m 45,7m and 15m of height (although surely it had enough but, lost by the erosion…). The interior completely is formed by Adobe . The walls of the outside these done of bricks cooked and as Mortar uses asphalt bitumen (each wall this oriented towards Cardinal point ). The access to the plants superiors was realized through three outer stairs that are even conserved.
In spite of his 4,000 years of antiquity and the material used in its construction, is in very good state of conservation and partially recovered. The ruin lifts 21 meters on the desert one on which it is built. Its plant is rectangular and got to have seven great terraces of which it only conserves the three first. In the terrace superior was the sanctuary of the goddess. The access to the same became by means of narrow back-to-back perrons to the walls.
|Random links:||Alpha and Omega | Kerriodoxa | Mortadelo and Filemón - Bye bye, Hong Kong! | Signal | Treaty of Aachen (1748)|